One of the benefits of having a remote office is being able to outfit it any way you want. You can choose a room with a view, a room that’s quiet, or a room that’s colorful. You can put a drum set in there or a few guitars, and you can have your family pet crash with you for the day. When we asked remote workers about the things they’ve bought that seemed like a splurge, but totally worth it, they didn’t hold back. Here are some of the highlights:
- An expensive couch and chair
- Solid desk furniture, and more than a few votes for stand up desks
- A second monitor
- Herman Miller Setu chair
- Professional paint job on the walls
- A decent teapot and loose leaf tea, or an Ember mug for keeping hot drinks hot
- High quality headphones (and a moderator’s vote for Bose noise-canceling headphones)
- Walking workstation
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out the Spotlight section for details on how remote workers have configured their spaces!